Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night



Bob Hill and his new wife  Betty were vacationing in Europe.....as it  happens, near Transylvania . They were driving  in a rental car along a rather deserted highway.  It was late and raining very hard. Bob could  barely see the road in front of the car.  Suddenly, the car skids out of control! Bob  attempts to control the car, but to no avail!  The car swerves and smashes into a  tree.

Moments later, Bob shakes  his head to clear the  fog. Dazed,  he looks over at the passenger seat and sees his  wife unconscious, with her head bleeding!  Despite the rain and unfamiliar countryside, Bob  knows he has to get her medical  assistance.Bob carefully picks his  wife up and begins trudging down the road. After  a short while, he sees a light. He heads towards  the light, which is coming from a large, old  house.  He  approaches the door and  knocks.
A minute passes. A small,  hunched man opens the  door.
  Bob  immediately blurts,  "Hello,  my name is Bob Hill, and this is my wife Betty.  We've been in a terrible accident, and my wife  has been seriously hurt. Can I please use your  phone?"

"I'm  sorry," replied  the hunchback,  "but we  don't have a phone. My master is  a  doctor;  come in, and I will get  him!"Bob brings his wife  in.


An older man comes down  the stairs.  "I'm  afraid my assistant may have misled you.  I  am not a  medical doctor; I am a scientist.. However, it  is many miles to the nearest clinic, and I have  had a basic medical training. I will see what I  can do. Igor, bring them down to the  laboratory."

With that, Igor picks up  Betty and carries her downstairs, with Bob  following closely.. Igor places Betty on a table  in the lab. Bob collapses from exhaustion and  his own injuries, so Igor places Bob on an  adjoining  table.


After a brief  examination, Igor's master looks  worried.
 "Things  are serious,  Igor.  Prepare a  transfusion."Igor and  his master work feverishly, but to no avail. Bob  and Betty Hill are no  more.

The Hills' deaths upset  Igor's master greatly. Wearily, he climbs the  steps to his conservatory, which houses his  grand piano. For it is here that he has always  found  solace.
  He begins  to play, and a stirring, almost haunting melody  fills the  house.

Meanwhile, Igor is still  in the lab tidying up. His eyes catch movement,  and he notices the fingers on Betty's hand  twitch, keeping time to the haunting piano  music. Stunned, he watches as Bob's arm begins  to rise, marking the  beat!
  He is  further amazed as Betty and Bob both sit up  straight!

Unable to contain  himself, he dashes up the stairs to the  conservatory.


He bursts in and shouts  to his  master:




"Master,  Master!.....The  Hills are alive with the sound  of  music!"
(I am soooooo  sorry.....but you really should've seen that  one  coming!!)You might even consider  changing your e-mail address  now!!!

Thanks Penny.... I don't believe for a minute that you are sorry for sending this one

No comments:

Post a Comment