Total Pageviews

Monday, January 30, 2012

Does anyone know what this is????


I have been trying to find out what this document is for. It was issue to my grandmother in 1918 and has her as a former resident in Montmagny Quebec where she and a sister had been sent to live with relatives after the death of her father.


The other addresses are in Verdun with the latter, 251 River St., where my mother once lived sometime after 1922.


The back of the document references my great grandfather as a contact. This is quite interesting because at this point in his life he had already left my great grandmother and married a young British girl of 21 years in 1910, he was fifty at the time. What he failed to do was divorce my great grandmother.


I am trying to find out what the purpose of the document was and why she had to carry it with her at all times.


Please comment or send an email to the address on the header.

No comments:

Post a Comment