Total Pageviews

Monday, October 22, 2012

Censorship ... Ottawa, treating Canadians like children

Who in the hell is Jason Kenny? Not my father.... he's not man enough ... so why is he telling me what I can or cannot listen to?

Jason Kenney has put foreword a bill in the house that will allow him and him alone to decide who and what we are allowed to see and hear. I have never allowed anyone, especially a politician to decide what I can read, listen to or watch.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/immigration-minister-jason-kenney-seeking-powers-bar-certain-192635637.html

If I don't agree with someone or something, I censor it myself or speak out against it. I don't agree with the philosophy of Christian or Muslim extremists but I do agree with their right of speech and thought. Jason Kenney is nothing but a bigoted dictator in his own right. Where was he when conscientious Canadians were demanding the arrest of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney for crimes against humanity, cowering under Stephen Harper's desk?

Day in and day out I receive negative emails about Muslims and Islam... I don't post them because I don't promote hatred.... that, and my son converted to Islam and married a Muslim woman .... her and her parents and siblings are wonderful Canadians and contribute to Canada's political and economic life.

Canadians have to stand up and say enough, we are capable of making our own decisions we don't need religious zealots like Kenney deciding for us. If we allow him to control our lives now, what is next?

"In a telephone press conference from London, Kenney suggested that the case of anti-Muslim preacher Terry Jones and his attempt to come to Canada demonstrates the need for such legislation."

Why? It was a debate between two religious zealots that few people, other than like minded idiots, would attend. Could there have been trouble? Of course there could have, but Toronto police are well trained in kettling and baton beating, it would have been just another G20 day in the "Big Smoke".

Immigration attorney Michael Niren is also suspicious of Kenney's motives.

"The government when asking for 'discretionary powers', is really a veiled but transparent attempt to circumvent more objective, black and white legislation," he told Yahoo! in an email.

The Conservatives censoring Canadians and the police kettling and beating the people into submission. Sounds like a dictatorship to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment