Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

We're Home

Cuba was wonderful. Pat and I had a great time relaxing at the resort and on various site seeing tours. There is much to see and the locals are a happy group who speak a smattering of both English and French.

There is great poverty but despite this the people are friendly and warm. Yes, there are many beggars of all ages but the majority take no for an answer. I had a wonderful time in Havana with two bggars, a father and son, while the others went on a walking tour I sat on the sea wall and these two entertained me with great conversation for about 45 minutes. The best part about it was that the others left me alone. Many stopped to greet the old man, he had lost his legs in and accident ten years ago, despite this he was jovial and friendly.

Through him I got to meet a Voodoo Priestess who talked to me for maybe 5 minutes, while smoking a large Cuban cigar wearing a full length white dress and the stereotypical bandana.

Loved it and would sit with the 55 year old wheelchair bound fellow and his son (actually his stepson) as they were very well informed and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment