Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Conservatives treating EI recipients like parolees

If having to go on EI isn't humiliating in itself imagine what it is like to be treated like a paroled convict.

Despite the Conservatives spending millions advertising their "Action Plan" some 57,000 Canadians dropped out of the job search in January due to the frustration of not being able to find work, they no longer collect EI payments.

Now an official from the EI office shows up at your door and demands you fill on a report and come to the office for an interview. It instills in ones mind the idea that if I refuse then my EI is cut off or if I do not answer all the questions to the interviewers satisfaction my EI is cut off. If that isn't intimidation I don't know what is.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/federal-officials-house-calls-ei-recipients-222124714.html

One of the people who received a personal visit was a seasonal worker in New Brunswick. The woman, who has worked for 35 years in a fish factory, agreed to speak with The Canadian Press on condition of anonymity.

She said that as she was getting home from running errands on Feb. 5, a civil servant arrived at her house.

"It surprised me when she asked for me. It kind of stunned me," the woman said.

"She told me: 'I came to bring you a form. You fill it out, and then I want to have an interview with you on Wednesday.' I told her, 'I'll be there."

As with everyone else receiving seasonal benefits, she is being asked to actively seek work in her off-months while awaiting the return to the fish factory.

How many employers, if any,want to hire an employee who they know will return to their work at the fish plant come the season. There is not much opportunity for out of season work in many areas across Canada in particular Atlantic Canada.

To echo the words of Jason Kenney "Mr. Trudeau is not in touch with the values or the real issues that face ordinary Canadians. I don’t really know what his background is. I don’t think he’s ever run anything.

If Trudeau is out of touch then he, Diane Finley and Stephen Harper are out of touch with reality with their introduction of "Tea Party" politics to Canadians.


Are seniors next or maybe those needing medicare

No comments:

Post a Comment