Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 21, 2013

I have been married for 120 years.

1973
 
 
April 21, 2013 is my 120 th. wedding anniversary.
Yes, that's right.... I have been married for 120 years.

I have 2 pictures that I wanted to post on this blog, however,
my wife felt uncomfortable with her image out there for any
one to see.
One picture is of the moment that we were walking out of the church,
just married for only minutes.
The other picture is of us walking out of the same church doors,
same position, but many, many years later.
What a comparison - from young to old in the blink of an eye
Now, I could have posted these pictures, blanking out my wife's image,
however, if she ever found out, I would be demoted right back to
day 1 of Husband training school. Yes, I attended Husband training
school, actually it was on the job training - it was compulsory, as I found
out. She was the trainer and I was the Husband-in-training - I don't get any
any A, A+s or course completion certificates - it's just continuous training
and you do not get a written training manual.
Oh, let me clarify - 120 years is in Husband years.
One calendar year = 3 Husband years when a man is married.
I'd better shave before we go out to dinner. If I don't, I'll hear about
all night - not only that I didn't shave but, what made me think I
could 'get away with it'. This is where I have to fall back on my
ever so important training.
I am joking of course. It's been the best 40 years of my life - I could
not imagine life without her !!
 
2013
 
Thanks Joe Y and congratulations to you both ....

No comments:

Post a Comment