Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

TD Bank article.

In the TD bank article on your Monday post shows at the bottom of the page the 10 worst jobs in pictures. The first picture of the switchboard reminds me a situation back in the 60's. (that sorta dates me)
 
On the way to town one morning the traffic was kinda heavy going up McGill and my father was upset of course. I was working for Royal Securities in Place Victoria back then and there was a water main break up the hill near Lagauchetière while construction was going on for the Ville Marie tunnel.
 
 He let me off on the St-James side of the building and it was around 7:30am. As I entered the lobby  a lot of people were looking out the windows facing north. A water pipe burst up the hill and water was rushing down the hill flooding Craig street. I was at the window just in time to see a poor guy getting out of his car with his newspaper in the air and waist deep in water. Right in front of Micheals' restaurant.
 
There were a few of us from the office and we decided to get on the elevator to the 20th floor. No sooner than when we got there that they cut most of the power in the building. So here we were a few employees in the office and the building being closed down. I worked in the securities department, so I called the boss at home and we worked out an emergency plan. We had the old switchboard type of phones. The only secretary that had made it up with us was assigned to man the board. Stephanie was a really sharp looking blond with straight hair and a bod that your mother wouldn't approve of. Of course she had on a black short mini dress.
 
After I made phone calls to the banks to explain the situation, my co-worker Ralph B and myself took turns helping Steph with the incoming calls. My what a doll. We were being flashed all morning long in that phone room, up-skirt shots, long legs and all. Near noon we had to walk down a pitch black stairway. No emergency lights and just my trusty old zippo lighter which was hard to hold. Once in the lobby we saw the water running down the spiral staircase from the second to third basement.
 
Needless to say that the underground parking was also flooded.
 
But that Stephanie really impressed me. 
 

\
 

LOL

Ivan R
 
Thanks Ivan.... for the fantasy of what could have been

No comments:

Post a Comment