Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Well said

Zoe Spellman
Tell me, born to a Jewish mother, that I should have stayed home when Neo Nazis goose-stepped into my town. Tell me that I should have ignored them when they screamed "Jew will not replace us" on the grounds of my beloved university.
Tell me, a child of Virginia, raised, educated, and settled here, that I have no sense of heritage or pride.
Tell me, a student of history from the University of Virginia, that I don't understand what the Civil War was about or what each side was fighting for.
Tell me about how violently I protested, with my water bottle and cardboard sign.
Tell me all about what the statues of Lee, Jackson, Davis, and Stuart should actually mean to the descendants of those bought, sold, shackled and murdered, who have no such monuments of their own.
Tell me--no, keep telling me--I'm a race traitor, a leftist cunt, a dirty Jew faggot, and a bulldyke whore.
Tell me, who missed being hit by that car by about twelve inches, who saw heads split and legs crushed and bones snapped and who heard screams of terror and saw a woman die, and who can never, ever, ever unsee it, to 'just hear them out, because they're afraid, too.'
Tell me i'm equally to blame for the violence in my little town.
Tell me I deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment